Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will organize the NEET MBBS Karnataka Counselling 2020 for admission to 85% state quota seats. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore is expected to release the application form for Karnataka MBBS admission in the third week of October 2020. Candidates must register online on the official website at kea.kar.nic.in, for admission to Medical/Dental courses through NEET UG 2020. Karnataka MBBS counselling for every round will be done in online mode. Candidates who have scored more than or equal to the prescribed NEET 2020 cut off scores are only eligible for the Karnataka MBBS Counselling procedure.
There will be a total of three round of counselling Round 1, Round 2 and mop- up round for Karnataka MBBS BDS admission 2020. If the seats will remain vacant after all the conclusion of all three rounds then there is a provision that authority can conduct an additional round of Karnataka 2020 MBBS counselling to fill the remaining seats. The applicants have to take part in the session of document verification for Karnataka MBBS admission 2020. Karnataka MBBS counselling 2020 is conducted for filling the 85% State Quota seats which includes 6577 MBBS and 2674 BDS seats in colleges of the state. After the publishing of seat matrix, the process of Karnataka MBBS 2020 counselling starts.
Education Qualification: NEET 2020 is mandatory for admission in Karnataka MBBS and BDS courses and candidates must have secured the NEET cut-off percentile set by CBSE. Other than this, the following are the eligibility requirements for admission:
- Apart from passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in class 12 board exams.
- General candidates with physical disabilities will be required to score 45% marks in class 12, whereas reserved candidates with physical disabilities will be required to score an aggregate of 40%.
Nativity/ Domicile Holders: Following are the requirements basis which candidates will be able to take admission under the 85% state quota during Karnataka MBBS and BDS admissions:
- The medical aspirant must have studied or passed one or more government recognised institution in the state for a minimum 7 years.
- Candidate must have to pass their classes 10th and 12th from the state recognised institution within the state and that either of the parents studied in Karnataka for a minimum period of 7 years.
- The mother tongue of the candidates must be Kannada, Kodava or Tulu.
- The candidates who do not know the above languages have to pass the language test conducted by KEA.
Nationality: All candidates applying for Karnataka MBBS and BDS courses available at state-based colleges must be citizens of India.
Age: Candidates seeking admission in Karnataka medical colleges must be at least 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2020. Also, candidates must not be older than 25 years of age as of May 2020. Only those candidates who fulfil this requirement will be eligible for Kar MBBS and BDS admissions.
Step by Step Counselling Process
Karnataka MBBS and BDS application 2020 can be filled online if candidate seek admission to the state’s medical colleges. See the steps below in order to apply:
Registration: Candidates need to visit the official website i.e. Kea.kar.nic.in or the direct link will be provided at this page students can click on the direct link of applicant portal also. Candidates are required to login to their applicant portal with the unique security key and password which they are provided after the document verification process.
Availability of Participating Institutes: After login, the list of all the participating institutes in Karnataka MBBS 2020 counselling will display on the screen. Candidates will see the options as it is in order given below:
- College wise
- Category wise
- Course wise
- Discipline wise
Choice filling and locking: Candidates are advised to fill and lock their choices according to their preferences of colleges as locking of choices is very important. Candidates can apply any limits regarding entering their college options so they can enter their choices as many they want. The final choices will be required to put on the last day because this choice will be considered final for all the rounds of Karnataka MBBS counselling.
Seat Allotment: On the basis of choices made by the candidates, the category of reservation and the availability of seats, KEA will release the list of seat allotments which grant the students admission, after the completion of Karnataka NEET counselling 2020.
Reporting to the college: Candidates are advised to report at the allotted college as per the specified dates and the timings for the Karnataka MBBS 2020 admission, if candidate fail to report at the college admission will be cancelled.
- NEET 2020 scorecard
- NEET 2020 admit card
- Self Attested copies of – Class 10th, Class 12th passing certificate, Aadhaar Card, Character certificate issued by principal of school last attended.
- Four Passport size Photos (should be same photograph affixed on NEET and Counselling application form).
- Printout of the application form of Karnataka MBBS admission.
- Permanent residence certificate.
- Category certificate, if applicable.
- Any other prescribed or quota certificate (if applicable)