Preaload Image

About NEET

An overview about the examination

NEET Overview

NEET ( National Eligibilty Cum Entrance Test ) succeeded from AIPMT ( All India Pre Medical Test ) is an entrance exam for Indian students to study MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) and BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Science ) in government and  private medical and dental colleges in  India . Earlier Neet was conducted by CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education ) till 2018 , Neet Ug currently conducted by NTA ( National Testing Agency ) from 2019 till present .

 

Under the Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act 2019 , provides a common holding NEET ( National Eligibilty Cum Entrance Test ) for all undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions across the country .  Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS.

 

The NEET (UG) – 2020 will be conducted on Sunday, the 03 May, 2020 . The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank Merit List” to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for providing the result to States/other Counselling Authorities to remaining  85 % seats .

 

NEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

NTA ( National Testing Agency ) the detailed NEET 2020 which every medical aspirant had to full fill to appear in the entrance test . The eligibility criteria are the conditions and guidelines to the qualifying exam , passing percentage ,age limit , number of attempts , Indian nationality and such .

 

Changes In NEET 2020 ,Based on Graduate Medical Education 1997 are following

  • There will be no restrictions on upper age limit .
  • The open school candidate will be eligiblie .
  • The candidates who have studied Bio as a open subject will be eligible .

 

Every student is eligible who  falls under Indian citizen Act which includes NRIS ( Non Resident Indians ) , Citizen of India , PIOS ( Person of Indian Origin S) , OCIs ( Overseas citizen of India ) and foreign nationals are elgible to appear for NEET 2020. A Mandatory rule by MCI a student who wish to study medicine in Abroad had come to back to practice in India .

Important Facts of NEET  2020 Eligibility Criteria

  1. Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent with Physics , Chemistry , Biology /Biotechnology and English as a core subjects from recognized board / institution .
  2. Minimum age of candidate should be 17 years , completed on 31 December 2020.
  3. There is no maximum age limit , until the Supreme Court passes its judgment on it .
  4. The qualifying marks will be separated for all the categories , it will only include marks for PCB, for UR – 50% , OBC/SC/ST/PWD – 45% .
  5. There is no limits on the number of attempts for candidate .
  6. Candidates who are India Citizen which includes Indian citizen, OCIs , NRIs, PIOs,& foreign nationals are eligible for NEET .

 

Qualifying Marks For NEET 2020

As per NEET eligibility criteria 2020  , candidates must have qualified in Physics , Chemistry , Biology / Biotechnology and English in the examination or which is equivalent to 10+2.

Unreserved category candidates must have scored 50% in Physics , Chemistry and Biology in their 10+2.

Scheduled caste / Schedule Tribe  / Other Backward class candidates must have scored 45% in Physics , Chemistry and Biology in their 10+2.

Person with lower disability must have scored 45% in 10+2 for unreserved candidate and student with lower disability should score minimum 40% in 10+2 .

 

NEET Eligibilty Critieria For Foreign Students

To write NEET 2020 , it is mandatory for foreign students to pass qualify class 12 examinations with Physics , Chemistry , Biology and English or equivalent to it .The applicants who had completed their education from outside the country must have to full – fill the NEET 2020 eligibilty cirteria .Student must have studied Physics , Chemistry and Biology and must have to qualify theory as well as practical examination for these subjects as well as English .

error: Content is protected !!